Articles Not Owned by USU in Print or Electronic
Let’s look at your options when you find an article in a magazine or journal the library doesn’t subscribe to.
- As an example, you have found the following information in an article database, which is an article from the journal News Photographer. Click the Article Linker button.
- After you click the Article Linker button, you see the text "Article is Not Available Online." After the citation information, you see “Step 2 Search the Library Catalog.” Click By Journal Title to search the library catalog and find out if we have a print subscription to the journal for the date that you need.
- In this case, the journal title is News Photographer. The search did not find a subscription for the journal News Photographer; the catalog displays similar titles instead.
- Return to the web page that opened up when you clicked Article Linker; this is the page where you clicked By Journal Title to search the library catalog. To request that we get a copy of the article from another library, ccroll down to Step 3 and click Request this material through Interlibrary Services.
- You can now request a copy of the article via Interlibrary Loan. Click First Time Users if you don't have an account in the Interlibrary Services program (this is different from your Banner login or your login to the library catalog) or log-on to the Interlibrary Loan system and follow the instructions to request the article.
If you have a citation for an article, you can find full-text copies of articles to which we have an electronic subscription by searching for the journal in the E-Journals database.
Please contact a librarian if you need further assistance.