Articles Available in Print Format
These instructions cover how to request an article from the BARN (the library's on-site storage).
Let's say for example, you need the following article:
article: Growing Tubers in the Tip of Idaho
volume/year: volume 41, year 2003
- Open the library catalog by clicking the Library Catalog button in the upper left corner of the library website.
- Enter the title of the magazine or journal in which your article is located. Choose Title from the "Keyword" drop-down box, choose Journal Titles from the "Logan Campus Libraries" dropdown and then click the Search button.
- After you run a search, you will see an entry for your journal if the library has a subscription. In this case, the catalog shows we have several records for Spudman but they all refer back to the same journal.
- Confirm that our subscription covers the date and volume or issue you need. We have a print subscription to Spudman from 1999 - 2008, so we're all set, since we need a volume from 2003.
- Scroll down the list of volumes to the find the specific volume you need, which in this case is volume 41 from 2003. Click the ARS Request link.
- You should see a page titled ASRS Request. Enter your name in the textbox and click Submit.
- You now see a note telling you that your item has been requested. You can check out the journal for 2 days, but the fines are steeper for overdue journals than regular books, so for your sake, be sure to get it back on time!
Can't find an article you need? If we don't have an electronic or print subscription, you can request the article for free through InterLibrary Services.