Last Updated: Jan 3, 2014
This guide is intended to help students and faculty at the USU Eastern San Juan campus with library research in biology.
See my contact information in the profile and don't hesitate to call me (435-797-8033) or send questions via
RCDE tab on this page. It provides instructions for access to articles, books (print & electronic), and videos from the USU Libraries as well as research tips.
You can access most of the library article collections and databases, e-journals and some electronic books by
entering your A number and password when prompted.
The databases listed here point to research publications. See the descriptions to help determine which database to try first.
Academic Search Premier
* General database to more than 8000 publications, including both scholarly journals and popular magazines.
* Many items provide links to full text of articles. Biological Sciences
* Index to hundreds of scholarly journals in biology.
* Click ArticleLinker to find article full text online or print volumes at USU Library. * Note the option to search Tables & Figures to find illustrations or other graphics in art Animal Behavior Abstracts
* Note the option to search Tables & Figures to find illustrations or other graphics in articles.
*See ArticleLinker to find article full text online or print volumes at USU Library. Web of Science
* Online edition of Science Citation Index, 1982 to present.
* Provides article abstracts, bibliographies, and citation data. * E-mail alerts are available. * Integrated with EndNote web (www.endnoteweb.com). Ecology Abstracts
* Premier index to journals in clinical medicine from the National Library of Medicine.
* Online tutorials available: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/bsd/disted/pubmed.html * Check the USU Library Electronic Journals list and online catalog to fi Health Source: Nursing Academic
* Indexes more than 500 scholarly journals in the field of medicine.
* Full text access is available for most articles. Health Source: Consumer
Health-related database for the general public with links to some full-text.Health-related database for the general public with links to some full-text.
USU Eastern Library Homepage
Use the search box on the USU Eastern Library homepage, or click on the link toward the top that says "Library Catalog."
Library Catalog: USU Eastern
This is link points to the USU Eastern Library catalog; choose the San Juan campus in the pull-down menu to select the right library.
Merrill-Cazier Library Catalog (USU in Logan)
This link points to the catalog for the Merrill-Cazier Library in Logan. See the RCDE Library Resources tab on this guide for instruction to request a book from the Logan campus.