Searching for Magazine and Newspaper Articles with Academic Search Premier
Searching Academic Search Premier: Step by Step Instructions
Academic Search Premier is a multidisciplinary database which contains scholarly articles, magazines and newspapers.
Generally, typing sentences or questions in a search box does not provide good results. Instead, use the terms or keywords that describe concepts of your topic to construct search statements.
Narrowing Your Search
From the Academic Search Premier home page, scroll down to "Limit your results" In this box, you can see many options for narrowing your search.
- If you know you need to find only Academic (Scholarly, Peer Reviewed) Journal articles, check the box to limit to only those kinds of sources.
- You can limit by date if you want only the most recent material.
- If you would like help with any of the options for limiting your search results, ask a librarian!
Navigating Your Results List
Accessing the Article
- In some cases, the article will have a PDF Fulltext or HTML Fulltext icon you can click on to get the article.
- In some cases, you will see the Article Linker icon. Click on Article Linker to see if the library has a subscription to the newspaper or journal in some other database or in print.
- For more help with Article Linker try this guide: Article Linker: Finding Full Text of Articles