- From the library home page, click Articles and Databases below Find
- In the alphabetic list, click U to access Ulrich's Directory.
- Scroll and click Ulrich's Periodical Directory.
- The search box is located in the middle of your screen. For best results, click the Advanced Search link under the search box. Enter the title of the magazine or journal in the search box and click Search.
- Locate the journal you are looking for in the list, if more than one title is listed. If the journal is peer-reviewed, you will see a peer-review icon, which is supposed to be a referee's shirt. This indicates the journal is peer-reviewed.
- For more information, click the title you are looking for. On the following page, you will see a list of criteria about the journal. Look for Content Type and see if this shows Academic/Scholarly and see if there is a line that states Referred - Yes. This designated that the journal is peer-reviewed.
- Non peer-reviewed or scholarly journals
If a journal or magazine is not peer-reviewed, you will see the Content Type listed as Newspapers/Trade, Directory, etc.