Skip to Main Content

Statewide Campus and Online Library Services: Borrowing Books from Other Libraries

Borrowing Books: Other Utah Libraries

As a student, faculty, or staff at USU, you can borrow books in person from any Utah academic library. You need to be a currently enrolled student or current staff or faculty and have a USU ID card. You may be asked for legal ID and/or proof of current enrollment or employment at USU.

Libraries that participate in this program include:

  • Brigham Young University (Harold B. Lee Library & Howard W. Hunter Law Library)
  • Utah Tech University, St. George
  • Salt Lake Community College Libraries, Salt Lake City
  • Snow College Libraries, Ephraim
  • Southern Utah University, Cedar City
  • University of Utah Libraries (J. Willard Marriott Library, Health Sciences Library, & Law Library)
  • Utah State Library, Salt Lake City, UT
  • Utah Valley University, Orem, UT
  • Weber State University, Ogden, UT
  • Westminster College, Salt Lake City, UT

You can also check out materials in person from several libraries in the West and Midwest. For more information about specific requirements and policies for checking out materials from other libraries contact Interlibrary Loan (RSDD).

Getting All Those Textbooks

The library typically does not purchase textbooks. We might have a few older textbooks in the collection, but we do not purchase current copies of textbooks or get these materials through Interlibrary Loan.

Textbooks are available for purchase at the USU Campus Store in Logan and can be ordered for home delivery from them.

Additionally, many instructors are opting into Open Educational Resources (OER) books, which are free and open access books and other materials. For more information about OER and to encourage your professor to consider adopting them, find more information here.


We cannot borrow videos from other libraries.  If you need a video not owned by the USU Libraries, please contact Gaby LeBeau to investigate the options for the USU Libraries to purchase the video or get streaming rights.