Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Research Data Management Services
USU Libraries, in conjunction with the Office of Research, provide Data Services to USU Faculty, Staff, Students and associated researchers. Please don't hesitate to contact us or the Research Data Librarian if you have questions!
Here are some common questions we get:
- 'Where should I deposit my research data?'
- 'What is the University's policy on research data?'
- USU Policy 588: This policy governs research data produced at USU and/or with USU funding. It gives the University the (non-exclusive) right to archive and maintain a copy of research data produced with University funding.
- 'The publisher wants me to make my data available before they will publish my article. What do I do?'
- 'My funding agency is telling me I need to make my research available under their public access requirements. What do I do?'
- 'My grant application requires a Data Management Plan. What do I do?'
- 'What if I have sensitive human subjects or other restricted data?'
- Contact us or the Research Data Librarian. We regularly help researchers make customized decisions about how to store, archive and manage their sensitive research data.
- 'What training materials are available for research data management at USU?'
- 'Where can I learn more about archiving my research data?'
- 'Where can I learn more about organizing my research data?'
- 'I still have questions. Where can I get more information on Research Data Services at USU?'
This LibGuide supplements our Research Data Management Web Site.