Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Identify a Question
What strategies can I use to help my autistic child communicate?
Questions to consider:
- When does a child start….
- What are the normal range of development of this skill?
- What are strategies I can use to teach this skill?
- How much time should I spend on this?
- Are there wrong ways to teach this skill?
- When should I worry if my child is not doing this yet?
- What online sources can I access to learn more about this skill?
Response Paper Assignment
Purpose of assignment:
- Choose a disability to study.
- Identify the disability's impact on a child's development.
- Find relevant, credible and appropriate resources to share with families and professionals.
Assignment must include:
- A statement of the concern/question
- Contextual information about when or why a parent would have that concern or question
- An explanation of at least 3 facts or strategies related to the concern or question. Must be:
- Evidence based practice
- Written in jargon free terms that is easily understood by parents
- A summary of the resources that may be available online or in the community for addressing the concern or question.
- Include at least 3 resources (at least 1 scholarly and 1 web-based resource)
- Resources should be evidence based
- The summary of resources should be written in jargon free terminolgoy