Every section of English 1010 is partnered with a librarian from the USU Libraries Learning & Engagement Services team. We created the following Canvas modules to help instructors meet learning outcomes in Information Literacy. Your partnered librarian can also do a Canvas post to let students know that they can reach out to them directly via email for research help.
We are very flexible! We can adapt these lessons or work out something specific to your goals. We find that the concepts highlighted here are areas students struggle with and we have had success in teaching them new strategies to help develop these research skills. We are excited to work with you! If you have questions, contact your assigned librarian or Katie Strand (firstname.lastname@example.org).
1. Click the Canvas Import File for the module you want to use and save the file onto your computer.
2. Within your Canvas course, click "Settings" in the left-hand menu.
3. On the right side of the resulting "Course Details" page, click the "Import Content into this Course" button.
4. Within the "Content Type" drop-down, choose "Canvas Course Export Package."
5. Click the "Choose File" button and select the downloaded Canvas export file on your computer. Click "Open."
6. Next to Content, choose the "All Content" button.
7. Click "Import." It will take a few minutes to upload.
8. When the import process is finished, you will see a green Completed button. At this point, you can go into your course modules and place the tutorial modules at the desired location(s) in your course.
Need help? Contact your assigned librarian or Katie Strand (email@example.com).