Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Canvas Tutorial Description
Canvas tutorials provide an easy way to integrate active learning into information literacy instruction. These tutorials can be used in a traditional face-to-face class, flipped classroom model, or as stand-alone assignments.
If you are interested in using any of these tutorials, contact your liaison librarian for assistance with importing tutorials into your Canvas course. You can also download and import the tutorials yourself.
Some of the tutorials have discrete sections that can be used independently of the full tutorial. Contact Niki Fullmer (email@example.com) for assistance. Here is a listing of some of the library's Canvas tutorials we offer: https://usu.instructure.com/courses/45089
Canvas Tutorial Instructions
- Click the Canvas Download button above and save the file onto your computer.
- Within your Canvas course, click "Settings" in the left-hand menu.
- On the right side of the resulting "Course Details" page, click the "Import Content into this Course" button."
- Within the "Content Type" drop-down, choose "Canvas Course Export Package."
- Click the “Choose File” button and select the downloaded export file on your computer. Click "Open."
- Next to Content, choose the "Select Specific Content" button.
- Click "Import." It will take a few minutes to upload.
- When you see a blue "Select Content" button, click this button.
- Check all the options EXCEPT Course Settings and Syllabus Body. Click the "Select Content" button.
- When the import process is finished, you will see a green Completed button. At this point, you can go into your course modules and place the tutorial modules at the desired location(s) in your course.