Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Pick a Topic
- Partnering with CLD families
- Strategies for communication between home and school
- Involving families in the IEP process - parents & students
- Family-teacher collaboration in the transition process
- Collaborating with related service providers
- Respite care/guardianship
- Collaborating about challenging behaviors
- Working with peer tutors
- Challenges for siblings and families of a student with a disability
A large, online digital library focused on a broad range of educational topics in scholarly articles, news, magazines and trade journals.
PsycINFO via EBSCOhost
One of the top resources for research in psychology and the behavioral and social sciences. Includes information on topics ranging from education to pharmacology.
ERIC via EBSCO Host
A large, online digital library of education research and information, inlcuding scholarly journals and education related documents, including reports, policy papers, dissertations, conference papers and others. Some full text is available. Provided with an EBSCO interface.
Need the PDF/full-text?
Use Article Linker to search for full-text across all databases. If the article isn't available, choose Request via ILLiad or use interlibrary services to request a copy from another library.
Identifying Empirical Research
For this assignment you must identify and use empirical research. Empirical research is research conducted from observations or experiments.
- They pursue a specific research question
- They are lengthier
- They are published in academic journals
- They include the collection and analysis of data
ARTICLES THAT ARE NOT EMPIRICAL:
- Literature Review articles (with no other study components)
- Case studies
- Opinion articles
Need more help identifying empirical research?
Use our Identifying Empirical Research guide for more characteristics of empirical research, and tips for identifying these resources.
You can also search for articles in specific journals. Here is a list of journals recommended by your instructor:
- Exceptional Children
- Teaching Exceptional Children
- Young Exceptional Children
- Journal of Early Intervention
- Remedial and Special Education
- The Exceptional Parent
- Journal of Learning Disabilities
- Topics in Early Childhood Special Education
- Learning Disability Quarterly
- Research and Practice for Persons with Severe Disabilities
- Teacher Education and Special Education